Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage survey

From: gary demos
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage survey
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:50:53 -0700

Drew and OpenExr devel:

Another interesting addition for the OpenExr usage survey

I just upgraded my Mac G5 to Tiger 10.4.2.  I accidentally double-clicked on an openexr file, ending
 in extention .exr, and found that the Mac opened the file and put in on the screen using "Preview".
 The program "Preview" ships with the Mac, and is the default viewer for ".pdf" acrobat and for
 Apple documentation.  The gamma was not queried, and came up much higher than I normally use
 (the picture was too bright).  However, apparently there is an OpenExr reader built into Preview.
 Preview also allowed a "save as" to OpenExr format, but the picture was scrambled, so the writer
 apparently still has bugs.

-Gary Demos