Re: [Openexr-devel] How to write an exr image?

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] How to write an exr image?
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:48:48 -0700

Patrick wrote:
Hi All,

I have just installed OpenEXR and trying to understand how to read/write exr files. How do I compile the examples in IlmImfExamples folder? If I type make it says:

make: Nothing to be done for 'all'

You probably didn't run configure with --enable-imfexamples.
(The README file should really explain this.)  You do not
need FLTK to compile and link the examples.

If it's already compiled, how do I run it?

Compiling the examples produces an executable called "imfexamples".
To run it, cd to IlmImfExamples and type "./imfexamples".

Also,
has anyone a sample code that I can simply compile that would write an .exr image? Even a plain black image would be great.

The code in IlmImfExamples does just that.

I have tried to compile manually the code in the IlmImfExamples folder above but I'm getting lots of errors like the following:

In function `writeRgba1(char const*, Imf::Rgba const*, int, int)':
: undefined reference to `Imf::RgbaOutputFile::RgbaOutputFile[in-charge](char const*, int, int, Imf::RgbaChannels, float, Imath::Vec2<float>, float, Imf::LineOrder, Imf::Compression)'

"undefined reference to Imf::..." suggests that you forgot to link
your program with the IlmImf library.

Thanks for you help!
patrick