[Openexr-devel] gcc can't find .h files

From: Patrick Ledda
Subject: [Openexr-devel] gcc can't find .h files
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:40:47 +0100

Hello all,

I'm quite new with C++/Linux (redhat 9). I have installed the Openexr libraries by downloading the tar file from the Openexr page and following the instructions in the Readme file:
./configure
make
make install

The exrdisplay program works fine (although only from root) so I think that the libraries have been installed correctly. Also, all of the .h files have been installed to /usr/local/include/OpenEXR/

Q1) Now I'm trying to compile the example programs under IlmImfExamples. If type "make" and I get:
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

I assume this means that the files are already compiled? If, so where's the executable?

Q2) Also, how do I compile those files manually? If I try to compile manually the .cpp files I get many errors saying that gcc can't find the header files. Do I have to change each #include <...> to point it to the right location?

Thanks for your help!