Re: [Openexr-devel] Implementing low level file IO

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Implementing low level file IO
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:47:23 -0700

If your I/O device doesn't support random access, then your low-level
I/O routines will have to buffer the entire file: to read a file, first
copy it to an in-memory buffer or a temporary file that does support
random access, then read from the buffer or temporary file.  To write
a file, create it in a buffer or a temporary file, then copy it to its
final destination.

As Paul mentioned, the file name argument to the constructor is used
only for constructing the error messages associated with exceptions.
I guess I should explain this in the manual.

Florian