[Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr-user] Problem using exrFormat.so in FedoraC

From: Ciaran Wills
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr-user] Problem using exrFormat.so in FedoraCore2 with shake v3.5
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:58:35 +0100

matta wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a few problems with the openexr shake plugin under linux....
I've compiled the plugin and all went ok ... I can export EXR images without a problem...

However.....

If I try to import an EXR file that has any kind of compression, the shake GUI will crash
reporting a "segmentation fault"... (no other errors)

Uncompressed EXRs import fine. However I've been told that we will need to be able to use zip compresssion as part of our render pipeline. Uncompressed images arn't feasible given the amount of frames we will be producing at 2k... so I need to find a way to
get this working....     :P

Q:  Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Q: Can anyone report that they have a working exr import in v3.5 under linux (with compression) ?

It might be libz conflicting with Shake's internal zip functions - this is a problem that has come up before (and still does), but can be fixed with some linking trickery. But that should only affect the zip compression schemes...

We, and I think most other people, use in-house EXR plugins, so I don't think the public Shake plugin gets much attention.

Rob Mog: Do they pay you guys commission on Nuke sales now? ;)