Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's free software libraries

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's free software libraries
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:01:17 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Drew Hess wrote:

Somewhat unrelated to OpenEXR, but I just found out about this and
thought other OpenEXR developers might be interested: Adobe has very
quietly released a couple of C++ libraries as free software.

They chose the MIT license, which is really nice since it's simple and
compatible with the GPL and OpenEXR's Modified BSD license.

The XMP SDK still does not use the MIT license. The license seems to be improved since I last read it since it used to contain clauses which prohibited re-distribution. The new Adam/Eve libraries use the MIT license.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn