Re: [Openexr-devel] Storing multiple layers in OpenEXR files

From: Charles Henrich
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Storing multiple layers in OpenEXR files
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:05:58 -0800

> I like your "layername.channelname" naming convention, but your way of
> describing the layer order seems to be more complicated than it needs to be.

We've been using this convention for quite some time now as well here at
Digital Domain.  Its how nuke internally organizes layers (literally
layer.channel) which works very well.  The only issue has been ordering within
a layer, mainly to identify to the application what channels within a layer
contain color data (r/g/b) versus random data.  Naming convention works here
as well (layer.red/green/blue or layer.r/g/b are interpreted as a special
case).  KISS principles greatly in effect :).

-Crh

       Charles Henrich           Digital Domain          address@hidden

                         http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich