Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:39 -0700

Given the replies to my last mail, I'll try again:  Please vote for one of
the following:

    A) DPX-style film edge codes, as listed in section 6.1 of SMPTE 268M,
       "File Format for Digital Moving-Picture Exchange", but with two
       additional fields (perfs per frame, perfs per count).

        film manufacturer ID code
        film type
        prefix
        count
        offset in perfs
        perfs per frame (default value: 4)
        perfs per count (default value: 64)

       The "perfs per frame" field is necessary to convert the "offset
       in perfs" to a frame number (count + frame).  This covers the 35mm
       3-perf format.
       In order to cover 65mm formats, where the count increments every
       80 or 120 fields, an additional "perfs per count" field is needed
       in order to determine the number of frames between two given film
       edge codes.

    B) "Film feet edge numbers" as specified by SMPTE RP 195, "Use of the
       Reference Mark in Manufacturer-Printed Latent Image Key Numbers
       for Unambiguous Film Frame Identification", represented as a
       StringAttribute (with no syntactic checking performed by the
       IlmImf library).

    C) Don't care.

Florian