[Openexr-devel] KeyKodes (a recap)

From: Tom Dilligan
Subject: [Openexr-devel] KeyKodes (a recap)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:53:02 -0700

I think that this is a complete re-cap of the fields / structures that
we are proposing in regards to keycodes:

keyCode - the following structure, which is the SMPTE 254 / KeyKode
           breakdown of the USS-128C barcode:
              struct keyCode // basically Florian's implementation.
              {
                  int filmMfgCode;
                  int filmType;
                  int prefix;
                  int count;
                  int perfOffset;
                  int perfsPerFrame;
              };

filmFormat - a string that describes the masking of the image, examples
               are: 'Acadamy', 'Flat 1.85', 'Scope 2.35', 'Super 35',
               ect...

slateInfo  - a string analogous to slateInfo in the DPX standard.

Other fields in the DPXMotionPictureInfo structure are covered in other
OpenEXR fields (i.e. frameRate and shutterAngle).

Things I'm not clear on:

   In the KeyCode structure: The perfOffset is in perforations or in
   frames? I think that it should be in perfs, I've observed that cineon
   files store the perfOffset in frames, and dpx files store perfOffset
   in perfs. If the cineon convention is chosen an additional field will
   need to be used to denote the perf offset to the actually align
   the images.

Am I missing anything?