Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's Digital Negative Format

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's Digital Negative Format
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:34:05 -0700

At 6:42 PM +1000 9/28/04, Brad Hards wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:59 am, Derek Gerstmann wrote:
 > Adobe has proposed a new Digital Negative (DNG) File Format:

  From the horses mouth:
 http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/main.html
Are there sample images available? I'm looking for a new format (to use in a
KDE programming tutorial), and DNG doesn't look _too_ complex.

The converter program will convert most camera RAW files to DNG.
So you can make your own samples.

Also, you could modify the dcraw source to read DNG relatively easily.

But I wouldn't use this as a tutorial - demosaicing is not trivial.

Chris