Re: [Openexr-devel] ImathTest Failure

From: Daniel Fort
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] ImathTest Failure
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:15:08 -0700

Hi Florian,

On Aug 6, 2004, at 4:04 PM, Florian Kainz wrote:
Would you mind sending me copies of all files you had to change,
so that I can check them into our CVS repository?

Certainly, and here is a short history of this issue:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------ I'm trying to install 1.2.1 onto an amd64 Gentoo system and "make check" comes up with this error:

Testing extraction of rotation angle from 3x3 matrices
ImathTest: testExtractEuler.cpp:229: void <unnamed>::testRandomAngles33(): Assertion `Imath::equal (angle, angleEx, eps)' failed.
FAIL: ImathTest
===================
1 of 1 tests failed
===================
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------
This first change added some extra output to aid debugging:

In file testExtractEuler.cpp, just before line 229, which reads

    assert (Imath::equal (angle, angleEx, eps));

insert these print statements:

    cout << setprecision (10);
    cout << M << endl;
    cout << "angle " << angle << endl;
    cout << "angleEx " << angleEx << endl;
    cout << "eps " << eps << endl;
Line 217 in testExtractEuler.cpp
    float eps = 8.0 * limits<float>::epsilon();
Line 100 in
    if (abs (D[j][k]) > 0.000002)

Attached is the modified testExtractEuler.cpp.

--Dan