[Openexr-devel] Problem with distcheck in CinePaint openexr plug-in

From: Robin Rowe
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Problem with distcheck in CinePaint openexr plug-in
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:05:03 -0800

Drew,

I'm trying to do a 'make distcheck' in CinePaint, but it fails due to the
openexr plug-in:

ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
./plug-ins/openexr/Makefile
./plug-ins/openexr/.deps/openexr.Po
make[1]: *** [distcleancheck] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/data/cvs/cinepaint-project/cinepaint/cinepaint-0.18-2/=build'
make: *** [distcheck] Error 2

The issue seems to be that distcheck doesn't have a configure path to my
/opt install of openexr, decides not to build openexr (which is ok under the
circumstances), but neglects to remove some intermediate files and fails. I
tried to change configure.in to not create Makefile if openexr is set to
'no', but couldn't find the right syntax to do that. I've tried setting
'MOSTLYCLEANFILES = Makefile .deps/openexr.Po' in openexr/Makefile.am to
delete the intermediate files, but without success. Ditto with
DISTCLEANFILES.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Robin