[Openexr-devel] Makefiles, OpenEXR, and OS X

From: Brian Clark
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Makefiles, OpenEXR, and OS X
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:52:54 -0600

I am trying to compile a program on OS X using OpenEXR from the command line, via makefile, as opposed to Xcode. This same code compiles with Xcode, but gives me errors during the linking stage (I think) when I try to use a makefile.

I am not very familiar with makefiles. I've always just appropriated a makefile from elsewhere when I needed one. But I must have an include messed up somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion of what's going wrong with the following makefile?

CC = g++
LD = g++
INCDIR = /usr/X11R6/include/ -I/usr/local/include/OpenEXR/ -I/usr/local/lib
CFLAGS = -g
LDFLAGS = -g -lm -L/usr/local/include/OpenEXR/ -L/usr/local/lib

OBJS = Vector.o Utility.o Camera.o Caustic.o Color.o Distant.o ImageClass.o Light.o Parser.o Plane.o Point.o PolyObj.o Ray.o Shape.o Sphere.o Texture.o Triangle.o VolumeObj.o World.o main.o

PROG = HDRRaytracer

$(PROG): $(OBJS)
$(LD) $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJS) -o $(PROG)

%.o: %.cpp
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -I$(INCDIR) -c $< -o $*.o

clean:
rm *.o

When I run it, I get the following message:

ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
Imf::RgbaOutputFile::writePixels(int)
Imf::RgbaOutputFile::setFrameBuffer(Imf::Rgba const*, unsigned long, unsigned long)
Imf::RgbaOutputFile::RgbaOutputFile[in-charge](char const*, int, int, Imf::RgbaChannels, float, Imath::Vec2<float>, float, Imf::LineOrder, Imf::Compression)
Imf::RgbaOutputFile::~RgbaOutputFile [in-charge]()
half::_eLut
half::convert(int)
make: *** [HDRRaytracer] Error 1

ImfRgbaFile.h, which includes writePixels(int) is in the /usr/local/include/OpenEXR/ path, which I have included in the LDFLAGS and the INCDIR (not really sure if I'm being redundant or not), but it doesn't work.

Comments?
Suggestions?
Ideers?
Strategery?