Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: OpenEXR and VC7.1

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: OpenEXR and VC7.1
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dennis,

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Dennis Crowley wrote:

> RE: Section B) Fix Dependencies  ... DON'T do this!!
>
> Instead, the following files need to be added to the IlmImfDll project:
>
> ImfConvert.h
> ImfConvert.cpp
> ImfPreviewImage.h
> ImfPreviewImage.cpp
> ImfPreviewImageAttribute.h
> ImfPreviewImageAttribute.cpp

Lutz sent in similar fixes a few days ago.  Thanks for your contributions!

unfortunately I can't commit any of these changes right now because
Savannah was compromised (along with a bunch of other high-profile free
software sites), so they've shut off CVS temporarily.  The 1.0.7 release
will have to wait until next week.

> This gets the DLL to build and link properly as far as I can tell.
>
> Unfortunatly, I have not been able to get the exrdisplay to link using
> IlmImfDll as a dependency instead of IlmImf (static).

Yes, that's because exrdisplay requires the full C++ API.  IlmImfDll only
exports the ImfRgb C API so that folks who have VS < .NET 2003 but not the
Intel compiler can use at least the basic OpenEXR functionality.

If you have the Intel compiler, or if you have VS .NET 2003, you don't
need IlmImfDll, just link against IlmImf straight up.

-dwh-