[Openexr-devel] Trouble installing OpenEXR on OSX

From: Brian Clark
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Trouble installing OpenEXR on OSX
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:36:27 -0600

I downloaded the OpenEXR kit (1.0.6) and went to do an install.
I got through ./configure, make, make check, and when I did the make
install, I got through some of it, but eventually came up with:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ImathPlatform.h
/usr/local/include/OpenEXR/ImathPlatform.h
Making install in ImathTest
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
Making install in exrdisplay
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
make  install-exec-hook
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `install-exec-hook'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I'm on OSX (10.3).  I'm not at all experienced with sysadmin activites, so
I pretty much have no idea what to do about this.  Could someone suggest
some remedies?

Thanks,
bc

[ ][ Brian Clark ][ ][ address@hidden ][ ]