Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR/Shake/Linux (again)

From: Matt Plec
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR/Shake/Linux (again)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:55:33 -0700

I'm not sure what version of Shake you are using, but could it be an issue of Shake being compiled against a different gcc/glibc? I remember seeing that cause problems for people a while back and somewhere in the SDK docs the required compiler version was specified.

Matt.

Ciaran Wills wrote:

Hi all,

I know this was discussed a few months back, but I was wondering what
people's recent experiences were, having just spent an unsuccessful
afternoon fighting with it.

I've compiled OpenEXR-1.0.6 with gcc-2.96 and gcc-2.95.3 (Redhat 7.3)
without problems, and standalone programs work fine.  However when I
call the OpenEXR code from within a Shake plugin I get a segfault
somewhere in the OpenEXR code when it tries to do a dynamic cast.

I'm sure some of you must have got this working in Shake on linux - if
so, what gcc versions/OpenEXR versions are you using?

Ciaran.