RE: [Openexr-devel] Long Channel Names

From: wcoles
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] Long Channel Names
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:38:21 +0100

> troubles for the next 100 years? :)  We routinely generate images
> with large channel names, and I could easily imagine going over 32
> characters.  If it has to be a fixed field width, 1024 would be a
> safer upper bound (or even 256, but please please not 32).

Haven't ILM been using it for a while though, all their old stuff would
break :)

There are also other tools out-there already in use (splutterfish has an exr
exporter for max, amongst many others).

Although 32 characters is a bit miserly ;) I'd guess it was too late
already?

Wayney

-Virus scanned and cleared ok