[Openexr-devel] OpenExr & FLTK 1.1.4 headers build bug.

From: Andrew Lau
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenExr & FLTK 1.1.4 headers build bug.
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:14:54 +1000

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 01:23:18AM -0700, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> I just reproduced the build failure using pbuilder with a standard
> setup.  If you want the whole build log, it's available at
> http://frobnitz.ddts.net/pbuildd/fail/o/openexr/build-log .

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for the log Daniel. I've tracked down the Failure To Build From
Source (FTBFS) to libfltk1.1-dev. The 1.1.4 release candidates of FLTK
have deprecated the use of *.h for the extension of its headers, and
now use *.H instead, and by default the libfltk1.1-dev package does
not create *.h -> *.H symlinks either. As a result, the OpenEXR build
scripts fail to detect FLTK as having been built with OpenGL support,
and thus chokes on the compilation of exrdisplay.

Dear Drew & co.,

I'm about to start my university exams, so I won't have much free time
to fix to this annoying little problem [1] at my end with a 1.0.5-2
Debian package anytime soon. The *.deb packages still work fine, but
no one else using Debian will be able to rebuild them (note: This is
debian-devel policy violation).

Perhaps you guys could help me out here with a 1.0.6 release, since
the final FLTK 1.1.4 release will choke future OpenEXR compiles
anyway. Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau         Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it            Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*    <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>   <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>    *
* 1024D/2E8B68BD: 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *