Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 00:46:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Henti Smith wrote:

> > d_exr-1.0.tar.gz
> >    - OpenEXR Renderman display driver source code.
>
> I'll do this as a seperate ebuild

err, well, you need Renderman to build it, let alone use it, so I'm not
sure it makes sense to make a Gentoo package out of it, but you're welcome
to try :)

> > OpenEXR-1.0.5.tar.gz
> >    - OpenEXR source code tarball, for those who want to build it from
> >      scratch (including Windows and MacOS X users).
>
> quick question ...
>
> is NVSDK needed for IlmImf example program to compile ?
>
> I tried
> ./configure --enable-imfexample
>
> and still go no for including the example program ..

No, the Nvidia SDK isn't necessary to build the examples, nor is FLTK.

What's the error you're getting?  Did you download the latest version of
the source tarball that I posted early Sunday?  The previous version had a
bug that prevented the example code from compiling on gcc 3.2, at least.

-dwh-