[Openexr-devel] openExr & Shake

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: [Openexr-devel] openExr & Shake
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:02:58 +0000

Hi there, I've been asked to extend the basic shake i/o node to handle openExr image file format.

There are a number of issues that have come up during this attempt. Most of it relating to the fact that shake wants g++ 2.95! Never-the-less, we have managed to build the libraries with g++ 2.96 making local changes where needed.

Back to shake, As a starting point I have used the format.cpp file that came with the SHake SDK. I have implemented the reader part of the node without too much difficulty and that seems to work just fine. However, the writer part is proving more stubborn.
Seems that calls to Imf::OutputFile constructor cause a segmentation error.
Does anyone have any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Dr Piotr Stanczyk