Re: [Openexr-devel] exrdisplay on OS X

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] exrdisplay on OS X
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:18:00 -0800 (PST)

I haven't tried it with fink yet.  What I described works without fink, as
long as you have the December 2002 developer tools.

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Paul Boots wrote:

> >./bootstrap
>
> As Weston mentioned, Fink turns out to be a pain
> I had to manually update to a higher version of autoconf to run 'bootstrap'

Ironically, Apple's own versions now work fine (except for some weirdness
in building shared libs)

> >./configure --enable-osx-istream-hack --enable-shared=no
>
> no complains
>
> >make
>
> make worked all but the link phase of exrdisplay,
> somehow in the makefile the fink and GL libraries are missing
>
> I've manually appended to the line:
>
> " -lfltk_gl -lfltk  -framework AGL -framework OpenGL  -framework Carbon \
> -framework ApplicationServices"
>
> That did the trick and got me an executable

Sounds like your ./configure didn't find fltk-config, which is what it
uses to determine the link-time flags for FLTK+GL automatically.

-dwh-