Re: [Openexr-devel] Quicktime & YUV

From: harlan
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Quicktime & YUV
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:32:50 -0800

Yeah, precisely. A Quicktime plugin for OpenEXR, essentially allowing any Quicktime app to import/export an OpenEXR frame or sequence of frames. There are a few awkward issues with Quicktime, but think they can be overcome easily. We'll definitely be looking into it since Quicktime serves as a large part of our pipeline.

On another note, we're more than happy to help out with YUV support for OpenEXR. I'm not sure if anyone here has done much work with RGB to YUV color conversion, but I believe the accepted floating-point equation for RGB to YUV conversion is:

Y =   0.299R        0.587G   +   0.114B
U =  -0.146R   -   0.288G   +   0.434B
V =   0.617R    -   0.517G   -   0.100B

correct?  anyone?  bueler......bueler???

c'ya

harlan
Twilight Entertainment
address@hidden