Re: [octvae forge] shadowing between packages

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: [octvae forge] shadowing between packages
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 10:35:25 -0400

On 3/17/19 7:02 AM, JuanPi wrote:
Hi Andrew
Thanks. I sounds to me that the namespace solution is the best, since we do not have control over package A development. I would then add a load script to package B to create the namesspace. Honestly i have not yet work with packages namespaces so i am not sure if this can be achieved at runtime. Another solution is to add the namespace in the mirror of package A. Maybe that's better

Doing namespaces dynamically is hard, because it means that you have to:
a) rearrange the source files on disk to put them in a namespace before you add them to the path, and b) transform the code itself so function references now refer to the namespaced function, instead of the global non-namespaced one.

Usually, namespaces are just done statically.

Can you point me at a concrete example of Package A and Package B here, so I can better understand your requirements, and maybe make better suggestions?

Cheers,
Andrew