Re: run BISTs for all installed packages

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: run BISTs for all installed packages
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 08:41:01 -0800

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 11:09:43 -0500, Andrew Janke wrote:
> In core Octave, are those the tests that end up in
> matlabroot()/share/octave/4.4.1/etc/tests ans *.cc-tst or in the Octave
> source tree as *.in.yy-tst files? Maybe we could add a mechanism to packages
> to similarly extract them to *-tst files?

Yes: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41298

It looks like you are interested in helping to improve and expand the
features of Octave's test suite functions, which is great. Please do
have a look at prior bug reports, discussions, ideas, and prior art
because there is a lot of it out there.

There have been discussions on a lot of this already, including a "pkg
test" subfunction, installing "-tst" files for compiled code in pkgs,
refactoring and deduplicating code between "runtests" and
"__run_test_suite__".

You might also want to look at the Debian dh-octave package, which
implements its own method for running all tests in a source package at
build time and in a CI environment.

--
mike