Re: New record?

From: Rik
Subject: Re: New record?
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 19:34:21 -0800

On 02/03/2019 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: New record?
From:
Avinoam <address@hidden>
Date:
02/02/2019 09:24 AM
To:
address@hidden
7bit
Message:
1

I just checked in a single fix for problems with "axis equal" that resolved
10 different bug reports.  See
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a7dfb00d5bf5.  I'm pretty
sure
that's a new record.
Such impressive fix (chapeau!), why did you push it to the default branch,
where it will have to wait a year or so, and not to the stable branch?

Thanks,

Avinoam

It's too big a change to implement this close to the release.  The only testing has been my own, which was extensive (I dumped all of the plot demos at least four times and compared to both previous versions of Octave and Matlab), but probably still not sufficient.  Ideally, it gets some testing on the development branch and if everything is fine it could be backported to stable for the first bug fix release.

--Rik