Re: refactoring variable storage

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: refactoring variable storage
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 14:25:50 -0800

On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 22:45:53 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
> You're talking about "old versions" of LLVM, but LLVM 3.8 -- 4.0 are in fact
> the version currently available in Debian stretch.  (I know, not in
> fedora...)

IMHO, the development branch of Octave should try to target "current"
versions of LLVM, where "current" is 7.0 and 8.0-rc1 at the moment.
Targeting the Debian stable version of LLVM seems less than effective.

Please consider that by the time the current default branch becomes
Octave 6 (probably about a year from now), it would be most useful to
everyone if it worked with LLVM 9 and/or 10 (probably releasing
September 2019 and March 2020, respectively).

But obviously I am not the one doing the work, just offering a
perspective. And thank you for taking on this long-neglected task.

--
mike