Re: run BISTs for all installed packages

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: run BISTs for all installed packages
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 13:20:11 -0600 (CST)

mmuetzel wrote
> I frequently cross-compile for Windows with all packages. But I very
> rarely actually test whether they work as expected.
> Is there an easy way to run all BISTs of all installed packages?
> Something that would be more streamlined than loading the packages one
> after the other and manually running "test" for all files.
>
> Markus

In the io package there's a "test_spsh" script + two helper functions that
checks all interfaces one by one, depending on presence of Java libs added
to the javaclasspath (+ on Windows, loaded windows package + MS-Office).

It's made that way to have consistent checks for all "interfaces", among
others. I suppose it should be possible to morph test-spsh.m into tests that
conform to Octave's regular test format but currently it serves my purpose
and I fear it would become quite messy to rewrite it.

Philip