Re: __run_test_suite__ results in segfault on Windows systems

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: __run_test_suite__ results in segfault on Windows systems
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 18:36:11 +0100

On 15. Januar 2019 at 17:11 Uhr "John W. Eaton" wrote:
> Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

You're not the only one with this problem. This is bug #55047:

> Since __run_test_suite__ worked without crashing for Octave 4.4.1, I
> suppose it will be possible to bisect, but that's likely to be quite a
> slow process.

I tried to bisect but couldn't pinpoint a specific changeset because the source
didn't cross-compile for a while.

> Clearly, we need to have buildbot running the tests for Windows systems.
>   In the past, I've thought about doing that by having buildbot start a
> VM running Windows, the copy the installer to the VM, execute it to
> install Octave, and then execute the tests and return the log to the
> master buildbot.  But I haven't actually done this yet.  Does anyone
> have experience with doing something similar?

A while back, I set up a Windows VM and started an SSH server on it. Nothing
more. I'll try to find the respective mails if that would be helpful.

Markus