Re: gnulib vs libgnu

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gnulib vs libgnu
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:37:56 +0800

On Dec 27, 2018, at 10:28 AM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

On 26 Dec 2018, at 23:45, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

I had asked on bug #55273 whether REPACE_MKFIFO is true or false on
affected systems, no answer yet. If REPLACE_MKFIFO is true on your
system, then Octave is including the gnulib mkfifo.c shim.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

REPACE_MKFIFO is indeed true for me.

Here's all variables set by configure that seem to be related to mkfifo in config.log:

GNULIB_MKFIFO='1'
GNULIB_MKFIFOAT='0'
HAVE_MKFIFO='1'
HAVE_MKFIFOAT='1'
REPLACE_MKFIFO='1'

and in config.h :

config.h:#define GNULIB_TEST_MKFIFO 1
config.h:#define MKFIFO_TRAILING_SLASH_BUG 1

Now that others are looking at this I wonder if they get the same.

c.

Carlo,

I get the same as you with both the current default branch and with 4.2.1.

83699:GNULIB_MKFIFO='1'
83700:GNULIB_MKFIFOAT='0'
84084:HAVE_MKFIFO='1'
84085:HAVE_MKFIFOAT='1'
84680:REPLACE_MKFIFO=‘1'

85277:#define MKFIFO_TRAILING_SLASH_BUG 1
85278:#define GNULIB_TEST_MKFIFO 1

Ben