Re: Deprecated uitable properties

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Deprecated uitable properties
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 18:54:42 -0800

On 11/23/2018 12:57 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: Deprecated uitable properties
From:
mmuetzel <address@hidden>
Date:
11/22/2018 01:32 PM
To:
address@hidden
Message:
3

Rik-4 wrote
11/22/18

Support for uitable graphic widgets was added recently (Nov. 16th).  The
implementation has support for three graphics properties--"keypressfcn",
"keyreleasefcn", and "rearrangeablecolumns""--which Matlab no longer seems
to offer.

Should Octave implement these properties in the 5.0 release, but
immediately schedule them for deprecation in version 7?  Or, since we have
never offered uitables before, should we just remove those properties now
so the first version Octave offers is compatible with Matlab?

--Rik
These properties still seem to be supported in R2018b:
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1-RearrangeableColumns
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyPressFcn
https://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/matlab.ui.control.table-properties.html#buiu91u-1_sep_shared-KeyReleaseFcn

I don't have a current Matlab to test with. It might be that their
documentation isn't up-to-date.

Sorry for the noise.  There is a uitable supported by App Designer and a uitable supported by GUIDE.  I was somehow routed to the wrong documentation.

--Rik