Re: building on macOS?

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: building on macOS?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:55:32 +0100

Le mar. 6 nov. 2018 à 11:46, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On 6 Nov 2018, at 08:41, Pantxo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> There has been many changes recently including refactoring of the way
> graphics toolkits are loaded, and also the way raster outputs are printed.
> As a first step, could you revert to e80a87f65997 (see
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54953) and see if fixes the issue for you?
>
> Pantxo

Pantxo,

I reverted to e80a87f65997 which is :

$ hg log -r e80a87f65997
changeset:   26028:e80a87f65997
tag:         qparent
parent:      26026:69050723c9bd
parent:      26027:7a7c31b93216
user:        Mike Miller <address@hidden>
date:        Wed Oct 24 15:20:43 2018 -0700
summary:     maint: merge stable to default

and made a clean build from scratch (bootstrap + configure + make)
but still get exactly the same behaviour.

Given that release 4.4.1 is working for Ben, I think if someone
has time to bisect they could use

release-4-4-1 25834:1f46d371968c

as the "good" release and e80a87f65997 as the "bad" release.

Thanks,
c.

There has been successful builds on Mac more recently that 4.4.1. I think at least the following is OH since it was tested extensively by Ben:

4e108574385c