Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 17:06:57 +0200

Le 30/08/2018 à 08:17, Julien Bect a écrit :
I like what you did with the bullet points and the colorful picture.

Concerning the <code> style, I personnally like it even better with a little bit of spacing on both sides, and a colored background, like this:

margin-left: 3pt;
margin-right: 3pt;
background-color: #fff7ce80;

Oliver,

I asked a few colleagues to give their opinion on the design.  All of them found it really nice.  Here are some suggestions that you might consider.

1) One has found the blue color that is used both for the top panel and for links (#427dbd) a little pale.

2) Another remarked that bold links are nice on pages where there are only a few links, but not so much when there are many of them (in particular on the support and documentation pages).

Considering these two points, using a slightly darker shade of blue (e.g., #2e69a8) with normal fonts for the links looks cool on my screen.

3) One found it weird that, on the documentation page, the text that you type inside the search box is centered, while the suggestions that appear below it are left-aligned.

@++