Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 14:48:36 -0400

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 8:20 AM Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

this weekend I have published a redesign of our Octave-Forge website.

    https://octave.sourceforge.io/

The important changes are:

 - Responsive layout, which makes the pages readable on small-screen
devices, e. g., smart-phones and tables.

 - A slightly new design which is a crossover of the old design and the
current design for octave.org from 2016, by Alex Krolick. For example,
the main font is the same and the navigation menu is similar on small
screen devices.

 - The website structure has been simplified, smaller pages have been
merged into fewer remaining pages. The content has been edited, but
should still be the same.

 - The package list has been split into community packages and external
packages.

 - Performance improvements regarding the function list for Octave and
all packages. It is also possible to search for functions.

 - Links to contact addresses and information on data privacy from
SourceForge.net, with respect to EU law (General Data Protection
Regulation).

 - Internal improvements, which simplify maintenance of the website.

The function documentation of individual packages still uses the old
design and is not responsive.  There is more work to do, to redesign the
package pages.  My current plan is to have a slow migration, as new
package releases are made.  First, we need new functionality in the
generate_html package to support this plan.

I have tested the new design and hope you like it. Please let me know,
if any changes break your workflow or there are rendering issues on
certain browsers.

Oliver

I have one sugestion.
The second line is