Qt help w/bug #45943

From: Rik
Subject: Qt help w/bug #45943
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 09:57:41 -0700

Could someone who is familiar with Qt take a look at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45943?

The issue is that Octave needs a way to select a window and raise it the
top of the stack.  It appears that simply calling activateWindow() followed
by raise() would work.  See

http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qwidget.html#activateWindow
http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qwidget.html#raise

However, I'm not the right person to code this.  If this sequence of
function calls works then it could be placed into a function that the main
interpreter thread could reach so that shg will work.  I suppose this means
going through octave_link.

--Rik