Modeling and Simulation in Octave

From: Allen Downey
Subject: Modeling and Simulation in Octave
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 14:24:18 -0400

Hello Octave maintainers,

First, thank you for your work on this great project!

Second, I am writing to let you know about a book project I am starting.  Years ago I wrote Physical Modeling in MATLAB, which we used for an introductory engineering class at Olin College.

This summer, I started working with Craig Scratchley at Simon Fraser University.  We are updating the book and one of the changes we are planning is explicit support for Octave as well as MATLAB.  In particular, I have started making Jupyter notebooks with the code from the book and some explanatory text.

The book is at

http://greenteapress.com/wp/physical-modeling-in-matlab-2e/

And the first notebook is here:

https://github.com/AllenDowney/PhysicalModelingInMATLAB/blob/master/code/notebooks/chap01soln.ipynb

This email is mostly FYI, but if any of you are interested enough to check it out, we welcome any comments or suggestions.

Regards,
Allen