Re: bad mod function

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: bad mod function
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:49:59 +0200

This could explain some unexpected behaviours I have experienced. Does

   clear functions

not kill the gremlin?

Cheers... Ian

On 2018-06-19 10:07 AM, Vic Norton wrote:
> Very strange! Now everything works the way it should. There must be gremlins in my computer! And my original code that inspired all this works correctly as well. Apparently I just needed to restart Octave or the computer.

Whenever I glimpse these gremlins its usually because I had a file
"modxy.m" whose first line was "function mod(...)".  And now there is a
new "mod" in Octave's namespace.

And IIRC, it persists even if I fix "function mod(...)" to "function
modxy(...)", until I restart Octave---begone gremlins.

Colin