Re: modifications fail on installing

From: Rik
Subject: Re: modifications fail on installing
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 19:59:50 +0200

On May 31, 2018 7:02:43 PM GMT+02:00, Sudeepam Pandey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Sahil <address@hidden> wrote:
Sudeepam Pandey wrote
> On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" &lt;

> sudeepam.pandey@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>

> On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" &lt;

> yadavsahil5198@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
> working directory, always.
>
> Best
> Sahil
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk
>

> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638
> 794.html
>

> Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
>

> Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk
> file?
> Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these
> things listed down?
>

> Thankyou,
> Sudeep am.

I don't know if .mat files are being used in the source code. Why not rename
it with a .m extension and then include it? As for the documentation, I
discovered these back when I was getting my hands dirty in the source code a
few months back. So, you'll need to play with the source or it's always good
to ask on IRC/mailing lists when getting stuck.

Best
Sahil

Sahil,
       .m files and .mat files are very different and I don't think that renaming would work, also I'm pretty sure that .mat files are being included. I came across one and only one file .mat file in the source code and its called penny.mat. Thank you for helping though.
       Rik, I have CC:'d you this mail because you've been following my project and I see here[1] that you know something about this penny.mat file. Basically, to increase the speed of my command generation algorithm, I plan to reduce the sample space using some smart estimations. One step towards that would be to store all the function names (core+forge) in a very effectively organized .mat file and loading only the probable corrections to compare with the incorrect spelling. Basically, I need help figuring out how this .mat file will be included in module.mk file of scripts/help folder. Maybe it is similar to how penny.mat is hooked with octave? Would you happen to know something about this?
       Besides that, If you have any other suggestion about I should effectively store the commands then they would be appreciated as well. Also, should we move these discussions to a separate thread?

Thankyou,
Sudeepam

Currently traveling and have limited email for another week. Yes, you can save things efficiently. Try creating a structure where the key is the misspelled word and the value is the correctly spelled word.

Example:

sugg.cosine = "cos";

You can save/load this database with

save -binary sugg.db sugg
load sugg.db

In any case, you can figure out how you want to arrange the data and which variable type you want to use, and then use binary mode to store the variable. You should use Octave's binary format rather than a .mat file.

--Rik