Re: Upgrade MediaWiki to

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Upgrade MediaWiki to
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:17:28 -0400

On 04/26/2018 06:47 AM, siko1056 wrote:

Are there any objections against updating wiki.octave.org to 1.30.0 (Dez.
2017)?  We became a bit out of date [1].  I can take care of this (and in
the future) and follow the official procedure [2].  Is there anything
special to be considered?

No objection from me.

If I recall correctly from previous updates, we've unpacked in a directory that includes the version in the name and then used a symbolic link to switch over to the new installation. That should make it easy to go back to the previous installation if there are any issues.

Note also that we have some add-ons installed. Updating those and tweaking the config file to use them has always been the most difficult and time consuming part of upgrading.