EDITION number

From: Rik
Subject: EDITION number
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:18:08 -0700

jwe,

The EDITION number used in the documentation is the same as the VERSION number according to the documentation for Automake:

EDITION
VERSION
Both of these macros hold the version number of your program. They are kept separate for clarity.

Since we want EDITION to be just the base number (4, not 4.3.90) should be post-process the generated version-octave.texi file with sed, or should we just hardcode the EDITION number in the title page of octave.texi and bump it when we make major releases (which isn't that often).

--Rik