Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot pa

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:02:16 -0700 (MST)

On my desktop I cannot build a dist target anymore, I get an error message;

"Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering.  Cannot
package distribution!"

Until Mar 23 I was able to build w/o issue (= date of last mxe-octave
cross-build for which I need a dist target).
Starting anew with a fresh clone of the repo makes no difference.
Intriguingly, on my laptop with exactly the same setup, "make dist" just
works. I checked all lib64qt5 libraries and -devel packages between desktop
and laptop, they just match AFAICS.

Some details:
Mageia-6 Linux 64bit, fully up-to-date
Qt 5.6.2
NVidia graphics HW with Nouveau driver (laptop has intel graphics)
Command sequence:
./path/to/configure --without-osmesa && make -j5 && make dist
Trying with just "configure" I get osmesa issues with "pencil' etc.

Where can I look to get this solved?

Thanks,
Philip