Octave Code Sharing

From: Sahil
Subject: Octave Code Sharing
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 00:12:57 -0700 (MST)

Hello all

Kai T. Ohulus, in particular, I wanted to express my interest in the GSoC
project  Octave Code Sharing
<https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Octave_code_sharing>
for which you're the potential mentor. I apologize for mailing at a such
late timing (given only two days are left for the application deadline), but
I would try to manage the proposal.

I would kindly request you to elaborate a bit about the project, i.e, what
exactly is the motive of the project, do we need to come up with
agora.octave.org on similar grounds as those of Scipy central or do we need
to amend the existing  publish function
<https://rawgit.com/siko1056/Octconf2017/master/octconf2017-publish-ohlhus-slides.pdf#page=8>

? I would revert back to you ASAP for the matter.

Looking forward in anticipation.

Thanks and Regards
Sahil
<batterylow> on IRC

PS: A few days back, I tried conveying on the mailing list as well as on IRC
channel for questions related to the project, GUI property inspector, but
since noone replied (and no mentor assigned) I felt a bit demotivated about
my GSoC participation and all other work which I've done until now in
Octave. So I would like to take up this project as first preference and
keeping the other one as backup instead.