Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:06:24 +0000

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 10:41, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I will start now the refactoring work on pkg.m
> This implies a major re-writing of the function.

JPi,

Great to know you are working on this, this has been needed for a VEEERY long
time.

Sorry to ask a question about something that has probably already discussed at
OctConf,
is the plan to maintain exact backwards compatibility with the current syntax
of pkg?

The point is that I think the pkg function which consists 90% of input parsing
could
be greatly simplified if it were based on the InputParser class, but I'm not
sure
that 100% compatibility could be maintained.

c.