Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 22:16:45 +0100

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 02:21:32PM +0100, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
> Dear Carlo, dear Olaf,
>
> do you guys have versions of the parallel and mpi package ready that
> work with the default branch?

As for parallel: no.

> Are you actively maintaining the
> packages?

As for parallel: yes

> * parallel does not compile, see e.g.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52877
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51197

I know that. I'm currently working on making it compile with the
default branch. It takes a lot more work than fixing the bugs reported
there, and I can't spend whole days for it.

> I want to run some parallel simulations these days and would be glad
> to use either of the two packages.

Why do you want to do these simulations with Octaves development
branch? You can't expect packages to work with the development branch
all the time.

Olaf