Problem regarding building octave

From: Vaibhav Mathur
Subject: Problem regarding building octave
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:58:33 +0530

hi everyone,
I am Vaibhav and I am an undergrad 3rd year student in BITS-Pilani,India.I wish to contribute to the organisation but currently I am facing problem building gnu Octave ver-4.2.1 on my Mac OS -X 10.12.i have installed readline-7.2.0 but on configuring octave using command

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared

I am getting the following error:-

configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later

configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable-readline

It would be great if you could help me out with this problem.i went through the mailing list archive for similar problem

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2007-07/msg00078.html

but the error persists.i also tried removing the existing directories of readline and installing readline 7.2.0 again