mkoctfile std=c++11 default?

From: JuanPi
Subject: mkoctfile std=c++11 default?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 02:04:47 +0100

Hi,

Last week I gave an Octave course[1] and  had some troubles when
trying to compile simple .oct files. The issue was due to the
institution running with an old gcc, to which std=c++11 needed to be
passed.

Shouldn't mkoctfile set the std=c++11 option by default? If there is a
reason why not to do this, could you enlighten me?

Thanks!

[1] https://gitlab.com/kakila/octave-teaching

--
JuanPi Carbajal