Windows GUI startup message truncated

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Windows GUI startup message truncated
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:14:07 -0500

See attached image.

I installed one of the buildbot builds (w64 with 32-bit indexing) and this is what I see when Octave starts. The startup message is truncated to 14 columns.

Thinking there could be some init file issue, I tried removing the ~/.config directory with the same results.

Text entered at the command prompt and output from commands are not truncated, just the startup message.

Does anyone have an idea about what could cause this? I've never seen this problem before.