Re: Behold! Buildbot's waterfall display has never been so green

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Behold! Buildbot's waterfall display has never been so green
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:49:21 -0500

On 11/11/2017 02:58 PM, mmuetzel wrote:
The Windows cross builds could also need some love :)
   PASS                            15807
   FAIL                                1
   REGRESSION                          4
   XFAIL (expected failure)            5
   XFAIL (reported bug)               34
   SKIPPED (feature)                  58
   SKIPPED (run-time condition)       26

Those 4 regressions are bug 45507. The fail is intermittent for
"__opengl_info__ ()".

fntests_fails.log
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t371856/fntests_fails.log>

True.

I'd like to add testing for the Windows builds. Since they are cross compiled, we'll need to do something like this once the nsis installer or zip file is built:

* start a VM running windows that can accept shell commands over an ssh network connection

  * transfer the nsis installer or zip file

  * run the installer or unpack the zip file

  * run the octave tests

This could be one or more buildbot steps. I'm not exactly sure how to make the first part work. It would be nice if it could use virtualbox since that's what I already use but other solutions would also be OK if someone can show me what to do.