matlab namespace

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: matlab namespace
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 08:32:39 +0100

Dear List,

Matlab are gradually introducing the use of namespaces, with a base namespace of 'matlab', e.g. matlab.lang.makeValidName is replacing genvarname.

My question is, how is Octave planning to deal with this? This is important for writing portable code, for instance I already have tests in my code for whether an object is of class 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes' (for checking input).

Will Octave use 'matlab', or replace 'matlab' with 'octave'? Or some other solution?

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.