Re: Small warning during compile

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Small warning during compile
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:59:47 -0700

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 13:45:52 -0700, Rik wrote:
> I'm getting this new warning during compilation:
>
> libinterp/parse-tree/lex.cc:16:32: warning: unknown option after ‘#pragma
> GCC diagnostic’ kind [-Wpragmas]
>
> The line itself is
>
> #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wimplicit-fallthrough"
>
> I suppose my gcc version, 5.4.0, is too old to recognize this particular
> warning ID.
>
> We can simply live with it, or maybe this particular pragma needs to be
> protected with and ifdef depending on whether the compiler has this
> warning.  It wouldn't be that hard to put in a test in configure.ac to set
> an appropriate #define definition.

If we decide to handle this warning, I also see a similar warning
building with clang 4.0

  libinterp/parse-tree/lex.cc:15:32: warning: unknown warning group
'-Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant', ignored [-Wunknown-pragmas]
  #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant"
                                 ^

We already do test in configure whether certain warning flags are
accepted by the compiler. We could additionally define HAVE_WARNING_FOO
macros for each warning option to use as conditions where needed in the
code.

--
mike