how to view the texinfo for a package

From: c.
Subject: how to view the texinfo for a package
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 19:05:25 +0200

Hi,

Some forge packages (very few actually) ship a .info manual which gets
installed with the package.
The examples that I could find are odepkg (which I am trying to fix) and
communtications.
In the communications package the manual is installed as

  <packages home>/communications-<version number>/doc/comms.info

but I cannot find a way to visualize it within Octave, I tried the following

  doc communications
  doc comms
  doc comms.info

but none of them seems to work.

The current version of odepkg installs the info manual as

  <packages home>/odepkg-<version number>/doc.info

and the only way I found to access it in Octave was to type

  doc doc.info

but this isn't really easy to find out and does not really seem
the right way to go.

My question is:

 is the ability of packages to offer an info manual a supported feature of the
 Octave package manager?

 if it is, what is the expected way to access it?

 if it isn't, does it really make sense to ship such manual with those packages?

thanks,
c.